What if there were a “perfect brand strategy”? One that would outsmart the most misguided notions of what it took to win?
Well, not too long ago, I told a CEO, “Nobody’s entitled to anything.”
It wasn’t an unusual discussion. In fact, it’s become too common: it’s what I call “the Entitlement Epidemic.”
Does Your Company Have These Symptoms?
The “entitlement disease” comes in many flavors:
- “We spent years and tons of money making this, someone will recognize it”
- “I am talented, therefore, I’ll make it”
- “We are better than our competitors, so we’ll be successful”
- “Smart people will find us.”
- “We do good, so we deserve to succeed”
When Does Your Brand Actually Start and Begin to Work?
More to the point, when is your brand “done” so you can reap the benefits?
- When you have a logo?
- A name?
- A design?
- A brand story?
That is when your brand starts.
And if you’re rebranding, here is where it starts.
It’s part of what I call the perfect brand strategy.
For Some, the Cure is More Cowbell. For Others, It’s This
Previously, I’d written about brands “needing more cowbell” referencing Saturday Nigh Live’s now legendary skit with Christopher Walken.
Here are the most empowering facts I can share:
- None of us is entitled to anything.
- Embrace the hustle.
- Be absurdly confidence with a level of conviction that is contagious.
Do you deserve to succeed? YES.
It starts with you as I outline in today’s episode.