- Amy has her hit show on Comedy Central.
- Her video sketches go viral.
- She’s done a guest appearance on The Bachelorette
- She’s been the host on the MTV Movie Awards.
- She’s been on the cover of GQ.
- Her new movie Trainwreck, which she wrote and stars in, has Hollywood buzzing.
The Amy Schumer School of Branding
- Be outrageous
- Be the most honest person in the room (by “honest” here, we mean a straightforward candor and, in Amy’s case, with a bit of rebelliousness such as “I know I shouldn’t but I will” thrown in for good measure)
- Embrace what God gave you (she plays with her own attributes, good or bad)
- Be the voice of the unspoken (in her case, it’s women and their thoughts about themselves, their sexuality, their weight, etc.)
- Have a definite point of view (Amy is very definite about where she stands — or who she’s willing to sleep with)
Your Brand: Amy Schumer Style
- Be outrageous (do or say something unexpected — a variation of going big or going home)
- Be the most honest one in the room (As a brand, speak a truth others may be avoiding since it’s very likely crossed everyone else’s mind too)
- Embrace what God gave you (embrace the things that make your brand different)
- Be the voice of the unspoken (in your case, ask yourself, “Who are the customers who are overlooked, unrepresented yet passionate who could, along with you, become a movement for something new and relevant?”)
- Have a definite point of view (in other words, middle-of-the-road vanilla only wins as ice cream, but being vanilla doesn’t win in life. So choose a viewpoint and be committed to it.)
So, now that you’ve been inside Amy Schumer’s brand approach, are you ready go all the way?