It’s the question most brands seek: Is Our Brand Set Up To Generate Buzz?
Most are not. They are missing a key component. This is the mindset to get it right.
Waking Up Your Customer
Nike founder Phil Knight said this, “Our job is to wake up the consumers. If we become predictable, that’s not waking them up.”
That’s my philosophy in life, in business, in all things.
- Why leave something to be ordinary when it has the option to become extraordinary?
- Why make a forgettable meal when you can make one that’s a joy to remember?
- Why make a phone call that’s predictable when you can make one that lightens up another person’s day?
- Why create an experience that reaches only the surface of another when you can make one that reaches in deep, reminding another of their greatness?
- Why offer people something that only talks about the effects they experience rather than have a dialog that unleashes their awareness and ability to CAUSE things?
The Difference a Warm Cookie Makes
Some businesses do it with cookies: DoubleTree gives its hotel guests over 75,000 fresh baked, warm chocolate chip cookies EVERY day. And guests LOVE it because it’s not “the usual.” Meaning not everyone else is doing it.
Or put another way, it wakes people up from the “same crap, different day, zone-out mode” of day-to-day living.
Those are the details I look at in life, in living, in branding, in elevating dreams to the realm of reality…
Let’s elevate dreams to the realm of reality and make a better world.
That’s the theme of today’s One Minute Wednesday.
If your brand isn’t waking up your customers, let’s talk.
Don’t wait to generate buzz. Let’s start now.