Ralph Lauren is an American icon and a successful lifestyle brand.
“Style is very personal. It has nothing to do with fashion. Fashion is over quickly. Style is forever.” ― Ralph Lauren
For those unfamiliar, Ralph Lauren is an American fashion designer, philanthropist, and business executive worth an estimated $6.3 billion.
An American Icon In The Eyes of the Beholder
Ralph Lauren, who has been around a long time, just unveiled a new “Friends” collection as an homage to Jennifer Aniston’s character Rachel Green (her role was working for the iconic designer on the show).
I am lucky enough to know some amazing peeps in life and in business, some famous, some not yet famous, but all nonetheless outstanding.
Talking about outstanding, there I was, out standing in a stunning rural backdrop when it hit me, “Hey, I am feeling something new, unfamiliar, something like… a Ralph Lauren poster!”
Thanks to modern technology, the moment was immortalized.
That was 36 hours ago when I was in New England on business.
As luck would have it, an old barn had been converted into a fabulous and spacious restaurant overlooking rolling hills where cows grazed and vegetables grew.
Struck by the stunning rural setting, I gave my iPhone to my dinner guests and said, “I’ll stand over there. Please take a shot.”
The lighting, the backdrop, every detail was exactly where it should be.
My immediate thought, “This would be a shot Ralph Lauren would love.”
CAPTURING YOUR OWN RALPH LAUREN MOMENT IN 5 EASY STEPS
- Find a scenic barn with rolling hills in mid to late afternoon.
- Casually lean against the barn unveiling your best Young John Travolta (circa Welcome Back Kotter).
- Love the camera and the person behind the camera.
- Thank your photographer. Let them know: “they complete you.”
- Decide to write a blog about taking this shot and publish it with a good title, something like, “How to Unleash Your Inner Ralph Lauren In 5 Easy Steps,” and make sure to include a couple of cool quotes by Ralph himself, some amazing food shots and an image designed with some trivial text that makes it all seem bigger than life itself.
Accept the inevitable popularity that will surely come.
That’s it! 5 steps to instant immortality!
Another Cool Quote from Ralph Lauren:
“There is a way of living that has a certain grace and beauty. It is not a constant race for what is next, rather an appreciation of what has come before. There is a depth and quality of experience that is lived and felt, a recognition of what is truly meaningful. These are the feelings I would like my work to inspire. This is the quality of life I believe in.” ― Ralph Lauren
What About Those Who Are Interested in More Than the Ralph Lauren Moment, The Restaurant Itself?
Remember to include photographs of the venue or restaurant (which happens to be named Gibbet Hill Grill in Groton, Massachusetts).