In September 2012, I noticed something: One of my presentations on Slideshare was reaching mid-5-figures in views.
By the end of the year, I was starting to get a “social media contact buzz” as it was getting into the higher 5-figures in views.
So in early February of this year, I figured I would put another presentation together entitled, “Why is It So Hard to Create a Brand Anybody Gives a Sh*t About?”
All Hell Broke Loose
(Social Media Views are the New Drug)
In 24 hours, 24,000 people had viewed this new presentation.
Here is the February 6th Slideshare report (the numbers below reflect one week’s worth of views):
And here’s the February 13th report:
So I did another one, and I reached a “a new low” hitting only a few thousand views. I was bummed (fleetingly I might add).
But I was hooked, so a couple of weeks later, I did another entitled, “How to Create a Sh*tty Brand” and that, as of this writing, exceeded 63,000 views in a matter of weeks. Here is that week’s report showing it had gotten about 60,000 views in a week. (This even resulted in a Forbes.com article where I was interviewed on this social media success by the brilliant writer Steve Olenski.)
The Most Insane 2 Weeks of My Career
(and How I Topped 393,000 views on Slideshare)
Two weeks ago to the day, I released the newest presentation entitled, “How to Rebrand: 19 Questions to Ask Before You Start” which in two weeks went from ZERO to over 92,600 views. That averages over 6,500 per day.
If you haven’t seen this presentation, it’s based on the incredibly popular post, and was simply repurposed for a new audience.
For those who haven’t yet seen it yet, here it is. (If you’re new to Slideshare, simply click on the right-hand section of the presentation screen below for it to advance forward. If you have a mobile device that is being anti-social, click here to view the presentation on Slideshare.)
Why Do I Continue To Do This Stuff?
Because it helps businesses stop guessing and start moving.
A stagnant business isn’t fun and frankly sucks. I like to remove the “suckiness” and build better businesses and stronger brands. Just so I can help startups and existing businesses achieve these kinds of results:
- One startup grew 900% in twenty-four months, using our system
- A regional chocolatier increased sales 300% in 30 days of its relaunch
- A Midwest city increased its tourism 500% in 12 months, after our rebrand
- One downtown increased Web visits 68% in 9 months
- New York City’s premier skin care specialist saw new business increase 800% in 3 months
- One Midwest city sold out 100% of its hotel rooms before its annual event after its makeover
- A gourmet food brand catapulted its sales 1200% in one year after giving them a makeover
- One software company got on the INC 500 with sales doubling 4 years in a row, using our method of branding
Success is kind of addictive that way.
Need some help? Let’s talk. 1-800-411-6158