Many entrepreneurs have asked me how I increased sales 300% of Legacy Chocolates.
I had to ask myself, “With all the decades of chocolate marketing, how do you attempt to rise above the noise?”
The only options I came up with were: Add to the noise, or rise above it.
There was no third option, so I packed my parachute, got on my goggles, and prepared myself for some serious brand elevation.
3 Magical Steps to Achieve 300% in 30 Days
This was the question I asked myself (“how do you attempt to rise above the noise?”) when I rebranded Legacy Chocolates. And it’s how I increased sales 300% in 30 days.
Part of it was figuring out (since I am an insatiable chocolate sponge with a bottomless pit for consumption) how I could achieve that kind of brand distinction.
Only after I observed what everyone else was doing that I decided to do the opposite.
- Instead of just looking pretty, I decided to be informative.
- Instead of meaningless one-liners, I decided to have meaningful insights into the art and craft of chocolate making.
- Instead of using the cheapest materials for the boxes, I went with a thicker box no customer would ever throw away.
Chocolate Porn Posters: Chocolate Envy and Chocolate Infidelity
This part of the rebrand was in the form of posters, as you’ll see below.
So I worked closely with one of our photographers and got really intimate with our specimens of chocolate. I don’t know what these truffles were experiencing, but I felt vulnerable.
Why no one had previously been exposed to this side of chocolate before, I have no idea. But that’s part of branding: To consistently ask, “Why? and then, “Why not?”
Making Chocolate Sexy Again
We’re Not Done Yet
As if that wasn’t enough, this super-closeup photography was so successful, it inspired a decadent and ultra-indulgent chocolate sauce we named “Potion #9.”
There’s a lot to that story, but suffice to say, we drooled when taking these photos for this campaign as well.
Did I share this to torture you?
No. I shared it with you to remind you of this: NEVER assume that something has not been done before “for some good reason” that you’re unaware of. Bogus!
If you can’t think of a “good reason” (one that honestly makes sense), challenge it. Who knows? Maybe everyone was so busy being too close to it — never far enough away from it — to have that moment of necessary insight to see something everyone else missed, something that changes the game.
Above all things, be rebellious. Albert Einstien said it best when he stated, “We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”
And with that said, strive for greatness, whether you’re branding chocolate or something maybe not as sexy. (And be sure to have plenty of truffles around, just in case.)
WHENEVER YOU’RE READY, HERE ARE 4 WAYS I CAN HELP YOU:
1. → Download The Lucky Brand: 10 Golden Rules of Branding to Outshine, Outperform, and Outlast Your Competition: Ten immediately actionable steps you can apply to your brand right now to elevate how you’re seen while expanding your impact.
2. → Grab Brand Intervention: 33 Steps to Transform the Brand You Have into the Brand You Need The exact strategies I use to go from zero to 100k+ followers, millions in income with no paid ads… sharing the tested and proven strategies, responsible for over $7 billion in sales for companies just like yours.
4. → Schedule Work with me and my team 1:1