A few day’s ago, the world chose to celebrate International Women’s Day.
Over my career, I have had the honor and pleasure of working with female entrepreneurs, business owners and CEOs.
Why I Celebrate International Women’s Day
Besides the sheer enjoyment of building businesses into household names and multi-million-dollar brands, I have had the sheer pleasure of working directly with female entrepreneurs in my Brand Intervention Masterclass.
Here are 5 stats you may not be aware of:
- According to a study by American Express, women-owned businesses grew at a rate of 58% between 2007 and 2018, while all businesses increased by only 12%. In addition, per this 2021 report from AmEx, women-owned businesses are starting at a rate of more than 1,800 per day.
- Women-owned businesses account for 42% of all businesses in the United States, and they generate $1.9 trillion in revenue. (National Association of Women Business Owners, 2021)
- In the United States, female-led startups have a higher success rate than male-led startups, with 36% of women-owned businesses making $1 million or more in revenue compared to 23% of male-owned businesses. (Guidant Financial, 2021)
- Female entrepreneurs are starting businesses at a faster rate than men, with women-owned businesses growing at a rate of 21% over the past five years compared to 9% for all businesses. (American Express, 2021)
- Women-owned businesses are more likely to be innovative, with 68% of women entrepreneurs saying that they have introduced a new product or service in the past three years compared to 62% of male entrepreneurs. (American Express, 2021)
Don’t Take My Word For It: In Their Own Words
Below are two videos that shed light on why I find it so rewarding to work with female entrepreneurs and creators.
The first is a collection alumni from the Brand Intervention Masterclass and the second is from Dr. Elizabeth Lindsey, a National Geographic Explorer, a TED Talks speaker, and a United Nations Visionary Award Recipient.
From the Ted Talks Stage to the United Nations
Dr. Lindsey and I had an incredible heart-to-heart discussion that tackled an amazing array of topics (all within 20 amazing minutes). Here’s a quick summary of what we covered:
- The Liability of Brilliance
- Being in “The ‘If’ Business”
- Lighting a spark in others
- Being the pebble rather than the ripple
- The power of making things timeless
- Finding your superpower
- Why did I say, “Carefulness will be the death of brilliance”?
- The power of curiosity
- Discovering “canvas ping pong”
- How to tell if an artist is lying
- The convergence of cultures
- The cultural habit that’s destroying us
- How to elevate culture
- The role of wiggle room in innovation
- Pulling back the curtain for true growth Discovering your catalyst
Here is that powerful discussion:
If you’re in the fortunate position of working with or for a female entrepreneur or creator, celebrate them, support them, and help them. I have and feel blessed to continue to do so.
And if you’re a female entrepreneur, reach out to me if I can be of assistance in any way.
WHENEVER YOU’RE READY, HERE ARE 4 WAYS I CAN HELP YOU:
1. → Download The Lucky Brand: 10 Golden Rules of Branding to Outshine, Outperform, and Outlast Your Competition: Ten immediately actionable steps you can apply to your brand right now to elevate how you’re seen while expanding your impact.
2. → Grab Brand Intervention: 33 Steps to Transform the Brand You Have into the Brand You Need The exact strategies I use to go from zero to 100k+ followers, millions in income with no paid ads… sharing the tested and proven strategies, responsible for over $7 billion in sales for companies just like yours.
4. → Schedule Work with me and my team 1:1